December 01, 2006

Who'd have known?

I had a bit of a revelation the other day.After years of going through the agonies of shaving my legs(oh good god,what has my life come to when I am blogging about this but please humour me) with those stupid little safety razors,something amazing happened.I hadn't done my legs for weeks due to the illness-thing and,to be quite honest,I was begining to freak Annie out during our daily bath-time.And I won't even start to imagine what Kenichi thought when he saw me....Urghh.

Anyhoo,when we were out shopping last weekend,I trotted off to find a pack of sturdy razors and for the first time noticed that they had these really amazing looking razors for women as well as the usual cheapo ones,but 3 times the amount money.But hey,I thought to myself,why not splash out and try one of these" 3 blades with massage rollers" Rolls-Royce's of the safety razors?So,I did.And it felt good;-)

That evening,I told Kenichi not to send Annie into the bathroom for at least half-an-hour as I was going to tackle my legs.Off I went to the bathroom ready to do battle.I picked up my new "Aqua-Glide" (got to love that name) and bugger me,if I emmerged radiantly 5 minutes later with smooth,silky legs and not a cut or notch in sight.

So,I want to know ,how long has shaving ones legs been such a pleasure?It took me years to figure of the Internet but,by god,this may be the ultimate discovery since that.My life,I do believe,has changed for the better.Now all I need to do is figure out how to make a Blog-Roll and how to make Spell-check work on this PC.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jones Brood said...

I gave up on those poxy women's razors years ago and bought the sturdy Gillete or Wilkinson for REAL RUGGED MEN. And no probs... and they last for ever. Well until you clog them up. Mine look like forests (legs that is) - that's what having kids does. When I was pregnant I had no hair at all. Another reason to get pregnant again perhaps....?!
Hx

4:50 am  
Blogger Vicky said...

Thanks for coming to read my blog, and even commenting - not so many people do that! A fellow Brit! At the other end of Japan! It will be quite interesting to compare lifestyle notes, as though we live in the same country politically, geographically it's a whole nuther matter... (She said, with six inches of snow outside as she typed...)

I've bookmarked you, and I'll be back - hope you will be to mine, too!

9:55 pm  
Blogger Lily said...

Bless the people who keep improving female razors eh. Just wish I could afford laser- imagine never having to shave legs again!

11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home