July 11, 2008

Other news.

So I didn't post since last November and it's now July.Looong time.What has been happening?Mum came over for a 7 week visit arriving on Christmas Day,so she was here for Annie's 3rd birthday which was lovely.We got a new desk top.And got pregnant.That was rather unexpected but a wonderful way to start the year.

So,Annie will be a big sister and she can't wait.She is so excited.I am due on September 17th so in my 3rd trimester now and boy,it is HOT! I would never recommend anyone to have a baby in summer but I am surviving.Unfortunately I have had problems with swollen feet...they look OK but if you press down,they leave a massive dent.My gyn. seems to be the over cautious type so I have had 2 weeks off work(fully paid thank you!) and although I was back again this week,have had to give up after 3 days as my feet went funny again.I just need to take it really easy and put my feet up a lot.Then all is well.I have managed to do so much reading which is bliss and also just to relax alone,by myself,in peace and quiet with no Annie and Kenichi rushing around;).Anyway,maternity leave starts at the end of the month but I have enough leave left so that I only have to go in until the end of term(next Friday) so the end is in sight.

And yes,of course we found out the sex of the baby,but it took ages to find out as the baby was in breech.So when it turned,all was revealed.We are over the moon that we are having another little girl.The reason that we are so happy goes back to last year and one of the last conversations I had with Dad,just hours before he died.He asked me if we were planning on having more children.I said that we would love to,but as Annie took 7 odd years to come on the scene,we were not holding our breaths.He then said that he would be so happy for us if we did manage to have another child but that it must be another little girl,please....

So,there you go! Dad must be tap dancing with joy somewhere.My MIL was slightly taken aback as she was so convinced it was a boy that she had been telling her cronies that it was a boy months ago.But she had a good laugh and agreed that either way,a baby is a baby and she is happy.Kenichi is quiet smug about it all but trying to come to terms with the fact that it will be 3 versus 1 in the house.I did promise him that once the dog dies( female) we can get a male dog.

So now all we have to do is decide on the name.We had a name picked out but have since changed our minds.There are so many to chose from that work in both English And Japanese but we also want a good kanji so already a few have been rejected as the kanji doesn't work out.We still have a couple of months left and have focused in on one name in the last week so maybe that will be the one.The unveiling will be a long with her birth announcement:).

9 Comments:

Blogger Tigermama said...

How wonderful that you are having a girl...just like your dad wanted! :) Are you going to give us a hint about the name?

2:59 pm  
Blogger M said...

Well they are OBVIOUSLY going to be calling the baby Midori, she just doesn`t want to tell everybody yet! LOL! Am kind of jealous of your two little girls (to be). Joey is great but I yearn to buy pink stuff!! LOL!

5:06 pm  
Blogger illahee said...

congratulations!! how exciting. and i sooooo don't mind sharing my birthday, september 20. (hint hint!!)

sending happy and healthy pregnancy vibes your way!

5:23 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey!!

How great to check your blog and find an update!!! It's so exciting to hear about how Annie is doing and now about your new little girl!!

I bet you are gonna have so much fun with all that pink! I always wanted a sister but I just had brothers so I'm jealous :)

Hope you keep up the writing!!!
Stay cool

1:02 pm  
Blogger Sheri said...

Great news! It sounds like things are going well for you, that's so good!
I'm with Midori and girl's clothes-there are so many cute clothes for girls!
:)

12:19 am  
Blogger marianne said...

Thank you all:) Yes,of course we will be mulling over the name Midori.Goes without saying,ahem;)And illahee,thankyou for letting the baby share...will see what I can do!

8:58 am  
Blogger Gina said...

OMG, am I so totally excited you updated!!! Yay!!! And congratulations are in order as well, I see! : ) And wow, you are due quite soon, in less then a month? That is so cool Marianne! Annie is going to be the best and greatest big sister ever!!!! : )

3:50 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

You've been my voice of reason Gina,egging me on to update.. Thank you!

But you just freaked me out when you mention I am due in less than a month...still have 2 to go;)

4:07 pm  
Blogger Gina said...

OMG, was my math off, so typical of me! Sorry Marianne, don't want to make you due before your time. Figures I muck that up! Sorry. yes you are right, 2 more month's. Now what was I thinking? Ha ha ha. (Gina who must strongly reevaluate her month counting skills. ha ha ha, winks) : )

PS, I had swollen feet with both pregnancies. : (

6:16 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home