January 27, 2007

Updates

Totally forgot to post about the results of the local elections(as though you were all desperate to know..).But anyway,the present mayor won again so I am happy.And that is that!

And the chicken pox.Annie is doing better.Her fever is down to normal(and many thanks to the lovely offers of fever-reducing medicine that I had) and is as hyper as ever.Counted her spots last night and she had the grand total of 121(and I only counted because she has to have a bit of cream on each spot...I am not that anal,honest!) but more spots to come from the look of it.Sounds bad but she isn't covered from head to toe at all.Her arms,legs and face only have a few,thank goodness.The itching hasn't started as yet.She isn't eating much apart from her beloved yogurt,so is down to just 11kg again.

And what is rather ironic is her choice of bedtime reading matter...I let her decide what story she wants every evening and since she has come down with chicken pox,all she wants is "Spot".Go figure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Feel better soon Annie- thank goodness it usually only happens once in a lifetome! At least she is getting it over with.

11:14 am  
Blogger Erin said...

LOL! Thanks for visiting! you probably aren't missing anything for not having twinkies because they are horrible (but I love them!)- it's like they made a birthday cake a little snack you give to kids.
Glad your little one is almost through with the chicken pox! I remember those! Hey, I'm adding you to my blogroll so I'll come back to visit you! Cheers!

8:51 pm  
Blogger Erin said...

I just realized- now I'm going to be watching your blog for a photo of "sembei"!!

8:58 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

Lily,you are so right.And thank goodness it is cold now...chicken pox in the humid Japanese summer must be hell.

Thanks for coming over,Erin.And I am still dying to try a twinkie.Much nicer than senbei,I'm sure;-)

10:23 pm  
Blogger Sheri said...

Hope Annie's feeling better! It's hard to watch them not eat and lose weight, isn't it? Hope you have had chicken pox!

10:29 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

LOL Sheri...Twice;-)

10:31 pm  
Blogger Jones Brood said...

Do hope that Annie is continuing to improve M: at least you KNOW she has had the pox! Eddie and Dominic send all their love (well dribbles in Eddie's case). Dominic wants to see Annie's spots. That's a caring boy for you!
Hx

6:28 pm  
Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Marianne,

New reader to your blog here and what a coincidence! My Taiga (not yet 10 months) started showing his chicken pox bumps just this past Saturday and I have been blogging about it (I think you can access my blog from clicking my name?). Also from daycare. I mentioned this to a colleague of mine and he said his son had it end of last year too, also from daycare! Wow, it seems that suddenly chicken pox is everywhere!

Hope Annie feels better!

Heidi

9:32 pm  
Blogger Erin said...

I have a Japanese (if it's not Japanese tell me) potty training cartoon (not that I'm rushing you!) on my blog and I thought you and my other intercultural marriage friends would be interested!

9:35 am  
Blogger Tigermama said...

I`m glad Annie is doing better. :) Give her a big hug from me!

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home