July 14, 2008

And that's that.

Had my 2 weekly check-up on Saturday.Stupidly took Annie along as she insisted on checking with the very serious and rather unsociable doctor that the baby is really,truly a girl.We had a bit of a wait as there is only one doctor and he got called upstairs to do his thing at a birth .So Annie was a little jumping bean by the time we got to the scan.But was delighted to here the immortal words" Hai,hontoni onna no ko dayo"(Yes,it really is a girl) from the man's mouth and celebrated by dancing around and rushing off to try and look at the newborns who were there to be weighed.Next time,I will be going alone.

Anyway,the doctor advised me not to return to work due to my swollen feet(although they are fine again ).So I called my boss this morning expecting lots of teeth sucking and whatnot.But it was dealt with in seconds...and that's it.I am off work from now.Today.This minute.I was supposed to teach until the kids break up this Friday and had a full schedule and then was going to use paid leave until my last official day on July 31st.But not any more.I will have to go in sometime in the next few weeks to clean my desks(3 desks at the 3 schools I teach...not good!) ,finish a couple of translations that fell on my desk last week(grrrr) and have a meeting with the person who is taking over from me(but she is a very good friend and lives about 5 minutes away from me so when I say meeting,it'll be more of an extended gossipy session) and that is all.As easy as that.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Am quite jealous but that is probably because I have a hangover this morning and just want to go back to bed after being woken up by Joey at 5.30am two days in a row! OUCH! Bet you are glad to not have to work in the heat though!! Enjoy the rest! I was telling my Mum that you guys were going to be around for 3 months and she is all excited because she wants to meet you this time. I guess I talk about you and Annie more than I realised!!

5:20 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

M,that is so sweet:) And I am really looking forward to meeting your mum ,too.Oh,I wish winter was now!!!

3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home