July 18, 2008

Parcels and such.

The other day I received 2 wonderful parcels.The first to arrive was a brand new ironing board that I had ordered from the Flying Pig ,a company that shops on your behalf from Costco.As we live 4-5 hours away from our nearest Costco,we don't go much;).And this company is a godsend although I haven't ordered through for ages.But I wanted a proper ironing board.Everyone in Japan knows how pathetic the mini ones like this are.Once in a while you can get a small version of a full sized one,but they are way too short and it takes forever to iron anything .I had the latter for years but on seeing the proper full sized one at Costco,I couldn't resist.7,000 yen later and I have it here.And it looks great.Ironically(hee),I don't do that much ironing and my iron is crap but once I have a new iron that works I have no excuse.

So,I have my new sexy ironing board and a few hours later,another lot of goodies arrived.A wonderful person ,D,who lives in Chiba,sent me a massive parcel of clothes for Annie and the baby.When I say massive,I mean" So,you're going on holiday for a month then are you?" type of massive.And it was filled with clothes and blankets and comforters and onsies and shoes and boots and videos and magazines.And the clothes are seriously gorgeous.Annie was so excited and spent most of Wednesday night in a very cool bikini and Hello Kitty shoes which are far too big for her and she stomped her stuff.I spent a good few hours ooohing and arghhing over the little onsies and we are off tomorrow to buy a new chest of drawers for all the baby clothes.I cannot thank D enough(ditto Kenichi who couldn't believe how much she sent us) and wish her luck in the next week as she awaits to move into her sparkling new house.

Retail therapy and friendship therapy,can't beat 'em!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tigermama said...

Okay M, you do realize that you actually used the words, and I quote, "my new sexy ironing board". LOL!

That D is a very kind and generous person. I remember when she sent me some halloween music I needed for a party...at the last minute too! :)

3:24 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

You come see my board and you'd be calling it sexy too;)

And yes,isn't D wonderful:)

4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home