August 01, 2008

Off on a "date"...??

Today Kenichi and I are off to Kumamoto City.Hopefully the drive will be less than 3 hours one way as the baby has put herself in the correct position(head down) but is fidgeting so much and is,how do I put this delicately,touching on some delicate areas.Ouch.

So,the reason for this hot date?I need a re-entry visa.Thrilling eh.So we are off to the immigration office to get the damn thing.If I don't have it,I can't come back into Japan without losing my permanent residency status so it is rather important that I have it.SO we will be making this 5 to 6 hour journey to do some paperwork that takes 10 minutes.Oh,I love Japanese bureaucracy:).

Annie is not coming as it is just a waste of time for her to sit in the car and watch DVDs all day,says mother.She has no idea we are planning this covert trip and we will not be telling her as she would have a fit if she knew.

So some Mummy and Daddy time.In the car.Then in the immigration office.Then at the restaurant where we have lunch.Then at the bike shop where Kenichi wants to buy(at last) a full face helmet.And then straight back home again.How about that for a hot date?

Then the piece De la Resistance,we are taking Annie to the doctor as she has thread worms...which we are being really naughty about and denying the existence of until after the visa is sorted as otherwise we will be told by daycare to take her this morning thus missing the opening times of the immigration office and have to wait until next week to go by which time I will be less inclined than now to sit in the damn car with a baby banging on my **** for 5 -6 hours.

On the up side of things,by tomorrow,Annie's bum will hopefully be worm free and after so much time together,Kenichi and I may have actually manage to agree on a name for the baby.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Enjoy your "date". : )

I love that you said this Marianne...

"SO we will be making this 5 to 6 hour journey to do some paperwork that takes 10 minutes.Oh,I love Japanese bureaucracy"...

This made me, have to shake my head a bit in agreement but also laugh because it is *so* true! : )

9:58 am  
Blogger M said...

Sounds like alot of fun! LOL! ;-) And what do you mean, decide on a name for the baby.. you are calling her Midori right!? ;-) (I swear that one day one of your guys is going to give in and name a child after me! LOL!)

5:39 pm  
Blogger Tigermama said...

Suzan is a nice name. :)

Well, at least the restaurant part will be fun! And, I read somewhere that driving is one of the best times for communication with a man....something about being side by side with nowhere to run! :)

5:55 pm  
Blogger Jones Brood said...

Poor Annie - I hope you feel suitably guilty all day :-)At least the thread worms have an extra day of life.
Hope the visa is OK and not too onerous. Why they can't do it online or via post/through the local yakuba is beyond me.
Hope Prudence behaves herself - whoops was I supposed to let slip you'd decided on that name?
Hx

5:14 pm  
Blogger Sheri said...

Hope you had a good 'date'...with no touching of delicate parts (unless it was wanted :P)

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home