August 05, 2008

Evening entertainment




Living near the sea not only means lots of swimming,sandcastle fun,beautiful sunsets and sea breezes,it also means fish.And yesterday evening we went off to catch our supper for today.At this time of year,"aji" or Japanese Horse Mackerel are incredibly easy to catch and it is the only time of the year that I actually enjoy fishing because it is so easy to get the little things to bite.In fact you probably don't even need bait.

We caught 20 fish in as many minutes.Kenichi was happy as he loves fishing,I was happy as I just sat there,plonked the rod in the water,caught a few and Kenichi did the rest and Annie was happy as she loves being outside and will become,we are sure,an avid fisherman/woman/girl/person in the future.She even touched the fish which I still can't do after x number of years here unless they are very dead indeed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tigermama said...

Annie`s really growing up. She is turning into a beautiful little girl!

3:54 pm  
Blogger Lily said...

I was just thinking today- I wouldn't mind learning to fish. You guys rock- I love the self-sufficiency.

12:01 am  
Blogger Gina said...

I love that pic of Annie fishing with her dad!!! Such a gorgeous, gorgeous girl!!!! : )

10:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home