August 27, 2006

Feeling peachy

Popped into the shops this evening after taking Kenichi to a high school reunion.Only went to buy some milk and a bit of fish for Annie's evening meal.But as I was meandering down the aisle on the way to get the milk,I spelt ambrosia...the smell of ripe peaches.Fruit here is,at times,outrageously expensive and I refuse to buy it.Until today.When I was husbandless.And Annie was preoccupied with rolling on the floor and showing off her Winnie-the-Pooh nappy to the shop owners(not that she would squeal on me but still,you never know).And before I had a chance to think about what I was doing,I snatched a single small peach and placed it in my basket.

So,here I am at home alone.Annie alseep.Kenichi still out.And my beloved peach chilling nicely in the fridge.With the price sticker taken off.But I am terrified of eating the damn thing(and I have to destroy the evidence before Kenichi gets back)in case it doesn't taste that good.I paid 380 yen for the stupid thing.

I leave you in suspense.Will it be a peach to remember or will I curse my weakness for wonderful smells?Oh,the excitement of my life here is just killing me;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jones Brood said...

Just to make your mouth water: our plums are beautifully sweet, the apples are ripening nicely and the pears will be ready in a few weeks...

Have just watched a TV prog here called Rings of Fire and they showed Mt Aso and Sakurajima... ohh natsukashiiiiiiiiiii. We are also going to a matsuri on Tuesday run by the local group of Japanese mums so although not kitted out with kimbei, I'm sure the boys (well Dominic) will enjoy it!

Hope the peach was worth it as they say in advert-land "Because you're worth it!"
Hx

5:54 am  
Blogger illahee said...

oh, i love this post! 380 yen??

here, a package of two was 480. but didn't seem very nice. then, next to them were three in a pack for 480 yen. nicer (riper) but still...480 yen!! but the next day, those package of three peaches were marked down to 398!! had to buy them (and they were riper). sooooo yummy! and hiro didn't like them!! crazy boy!

7:33 am  
Blogger Sheri said...

Fruit is expensive here I know, but just think of it as your little treat (we all know you deserve one) and hey, it's nutritious too-bonus!:P

9:35 pm  
Blogger Gina said...

Ha ha ha, yup the fruit is really expensive here isn't it? I bought a peach, 2 weeks ago and it was not very sweet at all. It was a let down, lol. But this week, I bought a 4 pack of peaches, that were on sale (otherwise I wouldn't have bought them). And they were so sweet. The boys and I have eaten 3 of them and we have 1 left in the fridge.

I hope your peach, was that peach to remember type peach! : )

9:05 am  
Blogger Sakira said...

Its really awesome try more ,
foreign exchange rates

2:40 pm  
Blogger Danny Danials said...

Have you attempted this new app The Dark Pursuer Apk : that is certainly exceptional.

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home