September 19, 2008

A Friday Post....for Lily;)

Cooeeee...Yep,I'm still here and no signs at all that the baby is on her way! Except that after a big old moving fest yesterday she is very quiet.I think she is getting pissed off at the lack of room.Which is a good thing as it may be the enticement she needs for her to come out;)

All in all I'm feeling much for laid back now thanks to my good friend K who I spoke to yesterday.She had her second baby just 3 months ago so could commiserate beautifully with my feelings.And she told me to just relax.And hey presto,when I put the phone down,I was suddenly totally relaxed about everything.Amazing!

I have been more energetic.I spent a good few hours tidying yesterday,concentrating on the areas that have been blatantly ignored for the last few months.And I even made kuri-gohan(chestnut rice) which is delicious but a bugger to make as it is rather time consuming if you use fresh chestnuts.But such was my jolly mood that even that was a fun thing to do.And this morning I have had another clear out of a few danger areas and cleaned the house.So am all smug now.I even dusted on and around my hospital bags....

And as for the typhoon,well ,yesterday afternoon,we had some strong winds.And that was that.Thrilling eh! We were very lucky as the thing changed course and is heading for or is already over Shikoku.We have blue skies and very warm sunshine here to stay which is lovely as I managed to do lots of washing after 4 or 5 dreary days.

Annie was a little disappointed that the typhoon didn't come this way.She was all ready to catch and tame it as she is convinced that she is "Milky-Rose" a girly super-hero type anime character from her favourite Japanese anime "Yes!Pretty Cure 5".I would have loved to see Annie vs the typhoon so I have to say I was a little disappointed too.Maybe next time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

When I was nearing the end of the pregnancy many women mentioned the energy spurt and strong desire to clean within 48 hours of giving birth. *lol*

Good to know you are relaxing. Perhaps you can make a pertend typhoon in the shower for milky-rose to fight! Annie is so cool.

2:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are relaxed!!!

Annie likes Pretty Cure 5 huh? Has she decided which of the characters her new little sister will be?

8:58 pm  
Blogger Sheri said...

Glad to see things are going well-at least things are clean :)
Typhoon didn't do much here, either. Yay.
Thinking of you.

9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home