September 15, 2008

Kicking my heels.

For me,this is the worst bit of this pregnancy lark...the waiting.It was the same with Annie and during the last weeks I got so grouchy and just wanted the baby to arrive.And Annie was born slap bang on time which is pretty rare for first timers.So now I am grouchy,moody and fed up.I want to go outside and walk and move but it is Sod's Law that we have had rain for the last couple of days and it is really hard today so no chance that I will risk slipping and slidding as I tramp along the muddy roads.

So with No 2 you hear from everyone(it seems) that the baby will arrive early.Even the doctor said it.Since the end of August I have been ready mentally and for the last 2 weeks,I have had those bags packed;hell,I have even shaved my legs,done my eyebrows,filed down my nails(chalk-based indigestion tablets during the last 9 plus months have made my normally weak nails so strong that I got to grow them for once),and made sure my dear husband knows what Annie needs for daycare every morning and when he needs to make onigiri(rice balls) for her lunch etc.

Yes,I AM READY.But the baby is not.And my due date is the day after tomorrow.Lots of cramps,painful and not painful but that is all.I am going for my check-up tomorrow and let's see what the gyn. thinks.The baby was ,last week,just about 3,000g(6.6lbs) which sounds a good size to me as I am the one who will be doing the pushing;)

Luckily I am surrounded by wonderful friends who have been texting and mailing every day but not asking that oh so annoying and should be banned" Have you had it yet then?" question but just asking how things are and if they can do anything to help.My friend Mattea popped in with some freshly cut pineapple which didn't sadly work but the thought was so nice.And we have had offers to look after Annie for a few hours whenever I need a break.The little things mean so much and do make me smile.But tell you what will make me smile even more?Indeed,meeting my second daughter for the first time.So HURRAY UP !!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tigermama said...

Ganbatte....probably EXACTLY what you want to hear right? ;) :) That babe is keeping you waiting so that I can win the FWC guessing game!

4:24 pm  
Blogger Sheri said...

Hurry up vibes to your little one-lol. I can remember around 6 months feeling, okay, anytime now!!
Fingers crossed for you. :)

7:40 pm  
Blogger shinshu life said...

Full moon yesterday, right? Here's hoping it helped! And I know exactly how you feel- I went 12 days over with my first- I didn't even have any plans after her due date as I was meant to have a baby then!

8:19 pm  
Blogger Lulu said...

I am sending "hurry up" vibes all the way to Japan!

Best of luck and here is to a easy quick birth that hopefully happens tomorrow or the next day! For your sake!

8:51 pm  
Blogger Jones Brood said...

Enjoy the relative sanity that you have around you now sis! My: will it be all go in a few days/weeks for you all! She will come when she is ready. And yes it is AWFUL waiting around. Learn some hangul or something!

Thinking of you!
Hx

1:59 am  
Blogger Gina said...

Ha ha ha, I agree with Jones Brood, she'll come when she's ready! : ) Hang in there though Marianne, because I remember by the time my last month through both pregnancies, I was so ready for it to be all over with! I hated the waiting game too! : )

And FWIW (for what it's worth), Branden was born spot on his due date as well! Due date Oct 26th, born Oct 26! Man is he an agreeable child or what, har har har! : ) And Noah was "supposed" to be born July 4th. Yet he was born tanabata, July 7th instead. ahhh....he came on his own time, god bless him. 3 days late. But right on time for Noah! Ha ha ha. He marches to a beat of his own drum! : )

Ganbatte!!!! : )

7:42 am  
Blogger Sara said...

Ok.. so now that my day has approced in the FWC lottery I am sending you enormous birthing waves from Kobe~~ whaaamp... whaaamp... can you feel them?

Hopping you have a safe quick and painless birth!!!

Can not wait to see your new little girl!

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home