May 16, 2009

Something that is missing....

...in my life here in Japan is the concept of charity.Back in the UK,charity events are part of daily life.And such events are lacking in this country.The other day,one of my closest and dearest friends, the wonderful Rebecca, mailed me and mentioned that she is taking part in a well known UK cancer charity event called "The Race for Life " this weekend.And ,my sister,who incidentally has lost a tonne of weight and looks and feels brilliant,also decided that she will be taking part in her local Race for Life in June.And last year,my brave brother-in-law ,Robert,announced that he will be taking part in the 2010 Madrid Marathon in aid of a local charity which you can read all about on his blog.

Charity is said to start at home so I really think I must start thinking about a way to pass on this very important message to my own children.Any ideas are most welcome:)