March 25, 2009

Seven down,thirteen to go!

Yesterday morning I developed a high fever and was rather painful when I fed Millie which rang some alarm bells.So Kenichi took me,with the girls in tow,to see the doctor at the clinic where Annie and Millie were born.And as I had guessed,I had developed mastitis.The treatment at the clinic is a course of antibiotics given intravenously over a five day period.So I am at the clinic until Sunday in a lovely private room and receiving excellent care.Millie is with me and in 7th heaven as she adores all the attention from the nursing staff and has me on tap 24 hours a day.I had 4 drips yesterday and four more today and feel much better.But I am beginning to feel like a pin cushion.But its a small price to pay for being looked after so well and having the excuse to do absolutely nothing!So seven drips down and yep,thirteen to go...my poor hands(and veins).

9 Comments:

Blogger Deb Tumilty said...

No way! Poor you - ouch indeed. Enjoy the rest though! All OK here - keeping up with the feeding is my sole focus and desperately trying to time everything so I get to spend as much time as poss with Dillon without a baby clamped on! U take care and hope you feel alot better very soon x

1:16 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Deb let me know that you are suffering, we are so very sorry. Lumpy you-know-whats are exceedingly painful I understand, how are you feeding Millie or is that just not on (not a pun!) Get better soon. It was lovely to see you all and hope it will not be too long before you are with us again. Much love, S.and S.

2:27 am  
Blogger Perogyo said...

Oh no! Sorry you are poorly, I remember how awful mastitis is. Hope the pampering continues when you get home (hint hint Mr. Sembei!)

8:26 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

odaiji ni!!

Glad you are were able to get and (enjoy?) excellent treatment.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

10:39 pm  
Blogger Robert said...

What a shock. Hope you are better soon.

Robert

xx

11:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Mother tells me you should be home this weekend, I do hope so. We are thinking of you all and will see your Mother here for soup and a roll tomorrow and gather she is passing on some of Millie's clothes that she has outgrown. Thank-you in anticipation. Love, Shirley (and Sid of course)

11:06 pm  
Blogger Sheri said...

Hope you are feeling better by now. :)

10:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel so sad when I look at the blog and see that you still have a fever - or are you milking our sympathy!! Love, Shirley

6:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh, I was reading that you are breastfeeding... I never heard of this but I am sure sending get well wishes your way!!

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home