July 25, 2006

The house key

So,I lost my house key yesterday afternoon sometime.And I forgot that I had lost it until I was just about to drive Annie to day-care this morning and asked Kenichi not to lock the front door so that I could get back in when I got back from work.Got home just after 3pm and decided to have a half-hearted look around in my car.And,of course,found the thing on the floor under a seat with a load of 100 yen coins(lucky!) and petrol receipts.And that was that.

But then I had a little revelation.Can you imagine being so blase about losing your FRONT DOOR KEY back in the UK??My god,we would have changed the locks the very same day,if not hour.Ho hum.One thing I do love about living in the middle of nowhere in Japan is that hey,it really doesn't matter about locks and things!We never lock our cars and in fact Kenichi often leaves his keys in the ignition.And on most days,although the front door is locked,most of the windows are open.I don't know how long this will last but I love it!And don't even start me on my purse and the places it has been found......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home